Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Losing weight and keeping fit on holidays

So I know its like 0720 AM on a Thursday morning, but I just need to get this one out.

I have so many people telling me " I know I let it slip when I was on holiday, just need to get back in to it" or "still trying to lose the fat from holidays"

Right, enough of the excuses people. Holidays are your time to relax, but that does not mean you should treat your body like crap and fill it with garbage. Nor does it mean you can not have a workout on holiday.

I have just come back from my holidays with my 2 girls, and we cycled every day (the girls loved it) and we jumped in the pool too. Even in the pool I got a workout with the girls. 2 of them hanging on my back while I played train and sprinted around the pool. Exercise should be fun, lets not forget that

I also did 1 big workout in a childrens playground after the children were in bed. It consisted of pull-ups (on the swing set), decline push ups (on the slide) and lots of squats and lunges. The finished off with sprints

Just some of the stuff we do at bootcamp

===> DUBLINS BEST BOOTCAMP <===

Foodwise I discovered why I was extremely lean as a young man. I ate fish nearly every day. Something I have started again, and I will give you the links later Guess what, I had ice cream too on my holiday. And beer... Shocking I know.

Now here is the shocking thing: I lost 2 lbs of weight in that week!!!!

A healthy balance of exercise, good food and a feelgood factor makes you maintain or lose body fat. Surprise surprise We have to realise that food is fuel for our body. It is not a bin. If we treat our body like a bin and fill it with rubbish, then it will behave like a bin. It will smell, and it will not have any functions other than a bin..

So, my new goal is to eat more fish now. I live in a big department complex near Phoenix Park, so it's not always easy to get fish.

But a good friend of mine at work got me the name of a guy who does home delivery. Shockingly he lives in the same complex as me. Small world. He brought me the nicest fish I have seen in a long time. All the portions were individually wrapped and the quality was so good. You should try this. His name is Shane, he works for his dad and you can contact him at terrygilesandsons@gmail.com

It will be worth your while.

I got the fish on Tuesday night after the bootcamp, and I actually made a really nice salmon dinner:



Get 2 salmon fillets or salmon steaks. About 150-200 grams each

Put them each in a piece of tin foil (big enough so that it can close up
like a parcel). A bit of rock salt (the rough big chunks), pepper and some
dill (can buy it in any supermarket cheap, comes in a glass jar where all
the herbs are). Add 3 cherry tomatoes cut in half to each parcel. Now
close it up

Put it in the oven at 220 degrees celcius for about 22-24 mins. With 7
mins to go, put on some veg and boil or steam it. Pick any you want. We
had leeks and peas, but cauliflower, carrots and broccoli is all good.

This was an incredible dinner, and so worth the while

I still offer individual meal plans for everyone at bootcamp, so if you are not there already come and join this exciting place


===> DUBLINS BEST BOOTCAMP <=== Keep the faith

Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment